Thursday, July 30, 2009

Pad Thai


Pad Thai with my Fave of the Day- Annie Chun's Pad Thai Rice Noodles

Ingredients:
3 garlic cloves
6 shallots
2 eggs, beaten
1 package Annie Chun's Pad Thai Rice Noodles
1 cup shredded slaw mix (which I got from the wonderful Trader Joes)
Tofu- about 8 oz (I marinated mine in soy sauce and broiled for 10 minutes to get that nice crispy exterior)

Sauce:
5 tbs soy sauce or fish sauce (I used soy because I didn't have any fish sauce on hand)
3 tbs sugar
juice from 1 freshly squeezed lime
small splash of rice vinegar
red chile pepper flakes (as hot as you like it- I use about 3 pinches)
cilantro to taste (I use about 1/4 cup)

Garnish:
1/8 cup crushed peanuts

Directions:
1. Spray your pan or wok with a bit of Pam, or grease with a small amount of oil
2. Add garlic and shallots to pan- stir fry until tender
3. Add your scrambled eggs, noodles, tofu, and sauce and stir fry until hot.
4. Garnish with crushed peanuts and enjoy!

Bon appetit!

Photo via ifood

No comments:

Post a Comment